By – Kunle Yesufu
At exactly 1pm on Friday, 18th December, 2020, the body of Engr. Emmanuel Adeoye was lowered into the grave for his eternal rest.
The internment completed a 2-day funeral programmes that included a candle lit night by the family on Thursday, and the twin Wake keep and Service conducted by Pastor Oluwa Segun, on Friday.
Engr. Adeoye, a titan in the struggle for Yoruba repositioning in the Nigerian nation, died a fortnight ago in Ilorin at the age of 70. He is survived by a wife and nine children.
His burial programme at his No. 5 Emmanuel Adeoye Close, GRA, Ilorin, was well-attended by family, friends and associates.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DECEASED
Dr. Emmanuel Alabi Adeoye, was born on January 10, 1950 in Esie, Kwara State to Mr. Nathaniel and Mrs. Moradeyo Adeoye. He is a native of Esie, Ojomu compound, Irepodun Local Government, Kwara State. He was married to Mrs Bola Adeoye and has nine children: Linda, Ann, Emmanuel Jnr, Elizabeth, Joy, Mary, Susan, Agnes and Jenifer.
DON’T MISS THIS – AbdulRazaq mourn victims of Jebba inferno
He started his primary education at St. TERESA primary school and proceeded to independence memorial Secondary school, Freetown, Sierra Leone, for his W.A.S.S.C.
He obtained his degree in B.sc Biological Science from Columbia Pacific University, U.S.A. between 1976 to 1980.
He did his diploma in Waste management between 1980-1981 at the Nuclear Waste institute, Nevada U.S.A.
He also obtained his Diploma in Radiation Protection Management at Rock well International, California U.S.A. between 1981-1982.
He got Associate degree in Computer Engineering Technology at Tampa Technical Institute 1982-1984 and Diploma in Advanced Radiation protection Management at Rutger University New Jersey, U.S.A. 1984-1985.
He worked as a Junior Health Physics Technician at various places:
- Florida power and light co., St Licie Florida, U.S.A. (March – May, 1980.)
- Toledo Edison Co., Davis Bessie Ohio U.S.A ( May – July, 1980.
- U.S. Army Franfotd Arsenal Base, PA. U.S.A. (July- September, 1980).
- San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, California U.S.A. (May to July, 1981.)
- ICN Radiopharmactical (1981-1982)
- Tampa Technical Institute, Tampa Florida (1982-1984) as student Teacher assistant
- Senior Health Phisics Technician at:
Arkansas Power and Light, Arkansas U.S.A. (1984-1985.)
- Connecticut Yankee Atomic Power Co. 1980.
He returned to Nigeria in 1986 and formed his own company, New World Manufacturers, Company Nigeria Limited; Golden Harvest Development Company and New Star Finance and Security.
- He was appointed Chairman, Kwara State Wrestling Association in 1987-1988.
- Board member of Kwara state Ministry of Social Development 1988-1989.
- Chairman, Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board, Kwara state 1994-1995.
- National President, International Youth with a mission since 1995.
- Patron, Yoruba Community, FCT Chapter.
- National President, Obasanjo/ Atiku Continuity Mandate Group (November 1999 to May 29, 2003.
- Director-General of National Ethics and Values Compliance Office in 2015.