Kwara APC Crisis: Irepodun APC stakeholders throw weight behind Gov. AbdulRazaq, Alh. Samari
Stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State have thrown their weight behind the state Governor, Alh. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq and the acting chairman of the APC caretaker committee, Kwara State chapter, Alh. Abdullahi Samari.
The stakeholders’ stance was made known during a Press briefing which held at Image Gardens, Esie, on Wednesday, 27th January, 2021.
The statement reads:
Gentlemen of the Press,
We heartily welcome our friends from the media to this auspicious gathering of APC Stakeholders in Irepodun Local Government – the political heartbeat of Kwara South Senatorial District.
We just rose from a meeting where we reviewed the political situation in Kwara State and the impact of Governance in our Local Government.
Present at this gathering are our elected representatives, political leaders, Grassroot mobilizers, youth and women leaders. They are representative of the core leadership in Irepodun.
Irepodun LGA appreciates Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for his love for our people and the very visible beneficial projects and programmes of his Administration.
Within 100 days in office, Governor AbdulRazaq had not only visited Irepodun twice, he has since touched Irepodun ground more than four times on inspection and in solidarity.
The benefits of the administration of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to Irepodun include but not limited to:
- Completion of Taiwo Road, Omuaran
- Esie museum Road Alsphart lay
- Renovation ofthe court building, Omu Aran
- In the outgone year, Irepodun benefitted from the free surgeries of the state Government and the social investment programmes such as Owo Arugbo and Owo Isowo
- Comprehensive Renovation and construction of Additional Facilities, Oro Grammer School, Oro
- Renovation of Block of 3 Classrooms with an office and store, GSS, Omuaran
- Renovation of a Block of 4 Classrooms, CHS, Ajasse-Ipo
- Renovation of a Block of 4 Classrooms and workshop building, Esie/Iludun Technical College
- Renovation of Examination Hall, GSS, Omuaran
- Renovation of a block of Laboratory, PMC, Oro-Ago
- Irepodun Local Government also benefited from the industrial motorized boreholes to Fulani/Herdsmen across the 16 LGAs and drilling of 1 HandPump and Boreholes to Fulani/Herdsmen across the 16 LGAs.
- Also ready for Irepodun are the renovation works at the primary health centers in Ajasse-Ipo, Oko and Oke-Ola Oro
- Contract has been awarded for NITEL- OGS Road, Oro.
- Indigenouss of Irepodun were among the beneficiaries of the health insurance scheme of the Administration
- Irepodun will also benefit from the RAMMP Project which has started.
In the light of the enumerated achievements of the Governor in Irepodun LGA, it is not difficult for us to publicly declare unequivocal support for Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq and his Administration.
In the same vein, we stand stoutly with the Leader of APC in Kwara State, Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, on the political situation in our party.
We pledge our full support for Alh. Abdullahi Samari and, as we did with his predecessor, we look forward to working with him, even on a grander and smoother scale.
Stakeholders at the meeting include:
A. Elected Officers/ Political Appointees
1. Hon. Raheem Olawuyi (Ajulo), Members Federal House of Representatives,
2. Hon. Tayo Awvodiji
Member, Kwara State House of Assembly, Ilorin.
3. Princess Olubukola Babalola,
Deputy Chief of Staff,
Government House, Ilorin.
4. Hon. Olayemi Olabanji,
Kwara South APC Caretaker Committee.
5. Elder Agboola Adewumi,
Member, APC Kwara State Caretaker Executive Committee.
B. Leaders from the 1 Wards
1. Ajase 1
– Dr. Bashir Ibrahim
2. Ajase 2
– Alh. Raheem Olokoba
3. Esie /Ijan
– Mr. Oladipo Raphael
Prince Samuel Alebiosu
Barr. Teju Oguntoye
6. Omu-Aran 1
-Dr. Sule Popoola
– Gen. Lasisi Abidoye( Rtd)
Prince Shuaibu Olarewaju
Mrs. Deborah Aremu
10. Oro 1
Oloriewe Raheem Adedoyin
11. Oro 2
Mr. Debo Adeleke