5 interesting facts about Ilorin Innovation Hub
As the Ilorin Innovation Hub nears completion, below are five interesting facts about it.
- Ilorin Innovation Hub, a brainchild of Kwara State Government, is the first government-owned ICT training and incubation center in Kwara state.
- It is one of several efforts by the administration of His Excellency AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to drive adoption of technology across Kwara state, which will in turn drive economic development.
- Youths will be able to learn software engineering, artificial intelligence, machine learning, graphics design, social media, digital marketing and many other modern technologies via the training programs and activities at the Innovation Hub.
- The Innovation Hub is partnering with organizations like MTN, Google, Microsoft and Facebook to bring in their resources to help its members grow.
- It has joined the Afrilabs Network, a network organization of 268 innovation centres across 49 African countries. Afrilabs Network support hubs to raise successful entrepreneurs that will create jobs and develop innovative solutions to African problems.
Speaking on the Ilorin Innovation Hub, its Managing Director, Temi Kolawole said: “We believe that as the Ilorin Innovation Hub commences it’s activities, this partnership will bring in not only more attention and opportunities to the new venture by the Kwara State Government, but will also create a network for collaboration via which our youth can grow and succeed in the technology space.
“Kwara youth will have access to broader sources of funding, remote work and jobs across the Afrilabs network.
“We are also sure that the Ilorin Innovation Hub will be home to many events and programs within the Afrilabs network by the time construction of its modern permanent location, which is like no other in West Africa, is completed later this year.”
READ ALSO – Innovation Hub: Preparing Kwara Youths for Imminent Opportunities
Please follow us: