The International Media Training Centre (IMTC) has organized a press conference to wrap up its media tour across the 193 wards in Kwara state.
During the press conference, the CEO of IMTC, Jolaoluwa Afolabi rolled out fact, figures, and reports of the media tour across the nooks and crannies of the state in the last four months.
The statement reads:
“I warmly welcome you to this press briefing to update you gentlemen of the Press and Concerned Kwarans on the fact, figures, and reports of our Media tour across the nooks and crannies of the state in the last four months. As we officially end our media tour in the state, I am here as the representative of IMTC to present a report of our findings and the scorecard of the state government under the leadership of Governor Abdrahaman Abdulrazaq.
“You are all knowledgeable of the turbulence that surrounded the assumption into office of the Abdulrahaman Abdulrazaq led government. From our findings, and visit to the project sites across the 193 political wards of the Kwara State, I am delighted to say that Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has stabilized the state economy and brought many issues under control; our findings has furthermore affirmed that the state economy has been redirected towards meeting the needs of the people.
“You will all recall that before now, both Public and Civil servant salaries are not paid as well as their statutory remunerations as at when due while traditional rulers are owned months of salaries
“The Incumbent administration of Mall. Abdulrahaman Abdulrazaq has brought about unprecedented achievement across sectors of the state economy
“Distinguished audience, gentlemen and women of the press, it’s with a great pleasure on behalf of my colleagues to present a scorecard of our findings in the last four months”.
Afolabi highlighted the ongoing and completed projects to include the following:
“1. Provision of at least a smart classroom in each of the 193 political wards in the State completed while renovation, rehabilitation, and remodeling of other schools are in various stages of completion.
2. Construction and reconstruction of roads across the state especially those that have not been touched or maintained in the last 20 to 30 years, gentlemen of the press some of you that are familiar with Kwara North, especially the Ilesa, Gwanara, Okuta road among other can bear witness to the giant strides of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq administration.
Kwara Central and South are not left out as the Offa, Erinle ijagbo roads rehabilitated to completion while inner and linking roads within the Ilorin metropolis are also given utmost priority.
3. The Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq-led administration social investment program which includes Traders’ money (Owo isowo), Aged peoples’ monthly stipend (Owo Arugbo), and Youth empowerment initiatives that supported SMEs, Entrepreneurs, and Start-up business owners across all sectors of the economy including Technology program support is adjudged best in entire North-Central Nigeria and the first in the history of the state since its creation in 1967
4. In health, Kwara State General Hospital now operates on the full scale of its capacity with 24-hour service delivery while Patigi, Oro among other state hospitals in local government areas of the state are revamped and equipped for swift responses to the needs of the people, during the outbreak of the global pandemic, aside from setting up of the world-class molecular testing lab, residents of the state were also given palliative to cushion the efforts of the deadly virus.
5. Rural electrification projects was evident across the state. The government Provided transformers and other electrical materials to ensure that communities without electricity are connected back to the national grid to enjoy power supply. Examples are in shirigweria in Kaima, Share in Ifelodun
6. Resumption of the construction of the Kwara State satellite campuses abandoned by the past administration. The campuses situated in Ilesa Baruba and Osi of Baruten and Ekiti local government area respectively, are now wearing a new look as at the time of our visit to the campus
7. Farmers’ and Agricultural Intervention Initiatives was not left behind. Aside from the provision of tractors involving grants or fertilizers and farm chemicals to indigent farmers, among other interventions, the governor also on Wednesday empowered four thousand farmers across the sixteen local government areas of the state.
8. Workers’ welfare includes: Otoge campaign revelation has brought about the dividends of Prompt payment of salaries and wages since the assumption and promotions as when due, not forgetting the clearing of backlogs of salaries, areas and prioritizing the civil service welfarism.”
He added, “Gentlemen of the press, We would not want to waste your time because we can continue to list the already flagged off, inaugurated, and ongoing projects in this address, but permit me to reel out the achievement of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq-led administration based on sectorial percentages in line with international standard, without mincing words and ensuring transparency to Kwarans and concerned citizens, the performance of the sectors are as follows;
a. Agriculture 78%
b. Education 84.9%
c. Health 65%
d. Infrastructure 72.5%
e. Social Investment Program 80%
f. Security 70%.
“Furthermore, the Ijoba Mekunu administration provided a friendly and enabling environment where all businesses of different categories can thrive, the Governor also initiated a program to recognize and reward outstanding teachers, security personnel, health worker, student, athlete, etc with remarkable gifts to appreciate their service, and encourage patriotism.
“Dear Kwarans, the Kwara State government under Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has done a lot for the state and still has more in stock for Kwarans irrespective of political affiliation, however, I use this medium to seek your continued support for the government because the good work must not stop here.”